- The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal (Sep 30, 2014)
- I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet… Don’t Make Me Destroy You
- Hacking and Slashing through the Novel — A Writer’s Journey
- How can I be a feminist foster parent?
- Last Week I Killed Someone I Cared About … A Writer’s Journey
Reader’s Choice: Top Posts
- RT @AdviceToWriters: No one should go into debt to study creative writing. It’s simply not worth it. ANN PATCHETT #amwriting #writing 1 hour ago
My Awesome Community
Love. Explore. Advocate. Rejoice. Note.
Category Archives: marathon
Book Description: The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances Publication Date: September 30, 2014 This is not just a book about running. It’s a book about cupcakes. It’s a book about suffering. It’s a book about gluttony, … Continue reading
My marathon training has become completely derailed this year. Not all of it is my fault. In fact, most of it is not my fault. Currently I am physically healthy. But after a really disappointing year of running, it is … Continue reading
Failure sucks. So, the Wednesday before the Eugene Marathon… I had a stomach issue. It was possibly food poisoning, I’m not sure. What I can tell you is that I lost four pounds in two days… and within a span … Continue reading
Today I ran nearly five miles. Yes… I ran five miles, walked two miles… and felt pretty good. I cannot run the full marathon on July 27th in Eugene. That is a fact I have reluctantly accepted. But the half … Continue reading
July 27th, 2014 is when the Eugene Marathon happens. That’s just over two months away. I was once excited about running this marathon, which would have been my second marathon. But 2014 has been a year of weird challenges. At … Continue reading