- The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal (Sep 30, 2014)
- I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet… Don’t Make Me Destroy You
- Hacking and Slashing through the Novel — A Writer’s Journey
- How can I be a feminist foster parent?
- Last Week I Killed Someone I Cared About … A Writer’s Journey
Reader’s Choice: Top Posts
- Follow @drishism
My Awesome Community
Love. Explore. Advocate. Rejoice. Note.
Category Archives: parenting
As a foster parent, we never really know how long a kid will be in our care. A kid might be here for another month. Perhaps years. We don’t know. But as a foster dad, it is my job to … Continue reading
“Where did momma go?” asks our three-year-old foster kid. “She went to visit her friend,” I say. “She’ll be back later.” “Why?” “Because she wants to come back. She would miss us.” “Why?” “Because she loves us.” “Why?” “Because she … Continue reading
Every day we’re diapering. No, this is not a Stephen King horror novel or an episode of the Twilight Zone. This is life in foster care. As I have said before, cloth diapering is not hard. Although it is occasionally … Continue reading
It has been nearly a year since my wife and I received our first foster child into our home. Well… they have all been boys. Until our current foster kid. So, two weeks ago I tried braiding her hair. And … Continue reading