So today, while drinking my coffee and enjoying a day off after Christmas, my wife and I had the television on. We were watching Extreme Cheapskates on TLC while doing other things. In this particular episode, one of the people named Roy, talked about how he uses “used coffee grounds” to clean his windows with. Several of the things that are mentioned in the show are things my wife and I would never do because of health risks or just being disgusting. But using coffee grounds to clean with? That was intriguing, especially as I watched the show drinking a cup of coffee!
So I did a little googling and found some ideas. Currently my wife and I only use coffee grounds to put in our compost. But these sites suggest other uses for Coffee Grounds:
- 15 Creative Uses for Leftover Coffee
- 15 Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds at Home
- Use Coffee Grounds to clean Sticky Tools
- How To Recycle Used Coffee Grounds
- 6 Surprising Uses for Re-Used Coffee Grounds
- Top 10 Uses for Used Coffee Grounds
- Use Coffee Grounds to Clean
- Composting Ideas and Sustainable Living Ideas at Amazon.com
- 20 ways to reuse coffee grounds, tea leaves
- Video: Old Coffee Grounds: Ideas For Reusing Java And Tea Bags
Ideas range from cleaning dishes, to ant repellant, to furniture dye. Have you actually tried any of these? Do they actually work? Any tips or ideas you have will be greatly appreciated. I am a graduate student living on a budget so any money saving tips for my wife and I are greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a great day!