I was wondering why my views surged this morning when I had not posted since Monday morning. As it turns out I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Diary of a Recovering Fiend. Thank you very much for the nomination!
The Liebster Award is a great way to promote up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers. Check out Sopphey Says for more info.
Nominees are asked to:
- Post eleven facts about themselves
- Answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked
- Nominate eleven other websketches and ask them eleven questions of their own.
- Display the Liebster award.
*There are no actual prizes awarded just recognition by fellow bloggers
So, there you have it. Following are 11 facts about me, and then the 11 questions I had to answer… and all of that is followed by MY nominees for the Liebster. Enjoy and have fun!
11 Facts about Ish Ism
- I am an adult but my favorite food is still spaghetti.
- My favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham, and I hope to read that book to my kids and grandkids someday.
- I would like to appear in one monster movie as one of the background people who runs when the monsters attack. I just think it would be cool to be an extra in one of those.
- No… I have not seen Black Swan, but Natalie Portman is my favorite actress. (Amy Adams is a close second).
- Coffee fuels my graduate studies.
- Chardonnay is my favorite type of wine.
- When I am not blogging I am running. When I am not blogging or running, I am studying. When I am not blogging, running, or studying… I am hanging out with my beautiful wife. Other than that I eat and sleep a lot. Yeah, I’m uberbusy.
- I would never want to own a major sports team because I would not want to dedicate that much of my life to watching the team. I like just turning on the TV on Saturday and Sunday and watching a game for a few hours.
- If I could live in any major city in the world it would be Denver Colorado.
- This is one of my favorite posts from my wife’s blog… it is from our time in the Philippines when we ate purple Ice Cream.
- My favorite movie trilogy of all time is the “Back to the Future” trilogy. If they ever remake that trilogy I will be sad. But if they transform it into a 3-D series, I will go see that.
My answers to 11 Questions from Diary of a Recovering Fiend
- If you could sit down for a dinner with one alive person, one dead person and one fictional person- who would they be? Sylvester Stallone, George Washington, and Captain Jean-Luc Picard. We would talk about what it means to be a man.
- Cheese or Pie? Cheese.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were? I would be forever young.
- What is your view on gun ownership? I have no problem with people owning guns. I don’t understand the need to own assault weapons… but I don’t think that means they need to be banned. If I am hunting and I can’t hit a deer with the first 50 bullets from my assault rifle, that probably means I need to take up a different weekend hobby.
- Does the illuminati exist? Yes. They currently oversee Area 51.
- If a Zombie Apocalypse were to happen, what would you do? Well, I am training for a marathon. So I would just make sure I could run farther/faster than the person running next to me. But I am married. So, scratch the running farther/faster than the person next to me. Because zombies hunt for and eat brains, my wife and I would most likely hide in Washington D.C. where the zombies would never look for us.
- Which superhero do you have the most connection with? Wolverine. I can endure a lot of crap, I heal quickly, and I have never had a broken bone.
- Desert Island, which 3 items would you bring along? Light saber, R2 D2, portable water purifier. If I have those three things, I could survive.
- Describe your last awkward moment. When I received the first draft of my master’s paper back from my advisor and there were comments written on every page except for the title page. That was an awkward and sad day.
- If you could run off to a fantasy land, where would you go and who would you be? I would be the Captain of a pirate ship. I almost responded that I would be the captain of the Starship Enterprise but I don’t think that would fit in the budget for Fantasy Island.
- Why do you blog? It’s a fun stress relief to write my blog and read blogs by other people.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award. I am supposed to pick 11, but 7 is my favorite number. So below are my seven blogger nominees for the Liebster Award.
- Eat it And Run
- Waiting on a Word
- Vegan Parisienne
- Pudding the Damage On
- The Happiness Project
- Ch’i Journey
- My Journey to Qualify for the Boston Marathon
11 Questions for My Nominees
- On average, how much time do you spend blogging every week?
- Wine, Beer, or Water?
- When you were five years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Will there be a woman president in your lifetime?
- Time travel exists: What time period would you want to go to?
- Do you believe bigfoot exists?
- What city in the world have you not visited that you still want to visit?
- If aliens landed on earth and asked you to come back to their planet for a visit, would you go?
- What are you allergic to?
- If you could have dinner with any one fictional person, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?