I was nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by Chronicles of a Public Transit User (Sweetness6645)!! How cool is that 🙂
It has been a crazy couple weeks getting ready to be a foster parent. Unfortunately, the foster care system seems very overworked because we have received three calls in the past week to take in kids…
Anyway, now that I have the toddler asleep in his crib, I can respond to this very cool award.
The award rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
4. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
My nominees are:
- Ranting About Rectangles, inspired me to pursue becoming a foster parent (and is inspiring in general, which is why I married her).
- Bucket List Productions inspires me, and many others, to pursue the joys in life “now.” Buckets lists were, at one time, for people at the end of their lifetime to make up for all the goals they never accomplished. But Bucket List Productions inspires people to pursue their bucket list goals “now.”
- Waiting On a Word, one of many great blogs I follow, which inspire me to be a better parent and a better blogger. Waiting on a Word already received this award from someone else, which helps you understand how awesome this blog is!!!
- Pudding the Damage On, another great blog that inspires me to be a better parent.
- Rosie Says, a blog about gender issues that reminds me there is still a lot of gender inequality in the world… whether it is women in the U.S., or women in the Egypt protests. This inspires me to continue working to make the world better.
- The Return of the Modern Philosopher reminds me that the world has a lot of stories. When life seems to be a bit too stressful, reading some of his posts inspires me to relax and not sweat the small stuff.
- Sounds like Orange inspires me to sample new music. Every week there are new music artists reviewed on this site… along with other interesting posts 🙂
- Livenowandzen, inspires me not only as a blogger but as a parent. The honesty in her posts is humble, plus she is a very good writer.
- The Thesis Whisperer, well, I am a graduate student… so this blog is very helpful to me. It inspires me to be a better academic writer, and to not give up when grad school gets “gradschoolish.” In addition, it was because of this blog that I followed through with the idea for a mini-retreat to finish my master’s paper!
- Don’t We Look Alike, a blog that has been encouraging to me during the foster care journey my wife and I have pursued.
- Drops of Ink, a blog that has already won this award (3 times). You should still check out the haikus / poetry produced by this blog on a regular basis.
- Lost in Thot, a blog of wonderful photography that inspires me to attempt great photographs.
- Running for Haiti, someone like me who is running for a cause!
- Jump for Joy Photo Project, inspiring and fun blog from a creative photo artist.
- Leanne Cole Photography, an inspiring and dynamic photo artist that everyone should check out.
I was nominated for this award a couple weeks ago. Again, thank you to Chronicles of a Public Transit User (Sweetness6645). I apologize in the delay for responding to it, but as you know the last couple weeks have been quite busy and amazing for me as I became a foster dad for the first time!
For a foster update, this happened yesterday. I do not have a pseudonym for the foster kid yet:
Kid was hungry, so I made a bottle of milk and formula. The kid started clapping and laughing in anticipation. I turned, dropped the bottle… and it was like a milk volcano erupted in the kitchen. Kid’s laughter turned into crying, literally, over spilled milk. Even though the kid was freaking out, I faked being calm, and in supersonic speed I had a new bottle of milk/formula ready. The kid laughed and guzzled the bottle of formula. While the kid guzzled the bottle of formula, the cats and I cleaned up the spilled milk in the kitchen.
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading, and have a safe and wonderful 4th of July!!