I received the ABC Award–Awesome Blog Content Award (thank you Chronicles of a Public Transit User): This award is simple – to ‘accept’ the award you just add the ABC award logo to your blog – the links are at the bottom of this page for you… and then you can share something about yourself with your readers and then pass the award on to other worthy bloggers – there’s no limit to how few – or how many – other bloggers you can send this to.
To share something about yourself – you will need to go through the alphabet and choose a word or phrase for each letter and use that to describe yourself – it might be something about you, something you like, or a place or thing you dream about. And that’s all – no long descriptions or detail – just create a new post, add your shiny new blog award badge and alphabet words and let your readers enjoy finding out a little more about you.
And then have fun choosing the other blogs you would like to award this to…. Send them an e-mail and the link to this award logo and watch the fun begin! (rules cited from The Thought Palette)
A – Adventurous
B – Brainy
C – Creative
D – Determined
E – Environmental
F – Funny
G – Genuine
H – Honest
I – Intelligent
J – Jokes
K – Kind
L – Loving
M – Moving
N – Nerdy
O – Organic
P – Painter
Q – Quiet
R – Runner
S – Studious
T – Tenacious
U – Uber
V – Vintage
W – Wolverine
X – X-Files
Y – Youthful
Z – Zen
My nominees for this award are all running blogs (or a blog by the wife of a runner):
Ranting about Rectangles (a.k.a., my wife)
Fit for a Year
Pudding the Damage On
My Journey to Qualify for the Boston Marathon
Race for all 50 States
Racing the States…
Running for Reachout
See Nancy Run
75 days to…
Some of these blogs are strictly about running, while others are like mine… showcasing running and other parts of their lives. Marathon runners, 5K running, weekend runners… whether you are a casual runner, or a beast that runs over an hour a day, some of these blogs will be exactly what you are looking for. Thank you for following my blog, thank you for reading!
Have a wonderful day 🙂
I was nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by Chronicles of a Public Transit User (Sweetness6645)!! How cool is that 🙂
It has been a crazy couple weeks getting ready to be a foster parent. Unfortunately, the foster care system seems very overworked because we have received three calls in the past week to take in kids…
Anyway, now that I have the toddler asleep in his crib, I can respond to this very cool award.
The award rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
4. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
My nominees are:
- Ranting About Rectangles, inspired me to pursue becoming a foster parent (and is inspiring in general, which is why I married her).
- Bucket List Productions inspires me, and many others, to pursue the joys in life “now.” Buckets lists were, at one time, for people at the end of their lifetime to make up for all the goals they never accomplished. But Bucket List Productions inspires people to pursue their bucket list goals “now.”
- Waiting On a Word, one of many great blogs I follow, which inspire me to be a better parent and a better blogger. Waiting on a Word already received this award from someone else, which helps you understand how awesome this blog is!!!
- Pudding the Damage On, another great blog that inspires me to be a better parent.
- Rosie Says, a blog about gender issues that reminds me there is still a lot of gender inequality in the world… whether it is women in the U.S., or women in the Egypt protests. This inspires me to continue working to make the world better.
- The Return of the Modern Philosopher reminds me that the world has a lot of stories. When life seems to be a bit too stressful, reading some of his posts inspires me to relax and not sweat the small stuff.
- Sounds like Orange inspires me to sample new music. Every week there are new music artists reviewed on this site… along with other interesting posts 🙂
- Livenowandzen, inspires me not only as a blogger but as a parent. The honesty in her posts is humble, plus she is a very good writer.
- The Thesis Whisperer, well, I am a graduate student… so this blog is very helpful to me. It inspires me to be a better academic writer, and to not give up when grad school gets “gradschoolish.” In addition, it was because of this blog that I followed through with the idea for a mini-retreat to finish my master’s paper!
- Don’t We Look Alike, a blog that has been encouraging to me during the foster care journey my wife and I have pursued.
- Drops of Ink, a blog that has already won this award (3 times). You should still check out the haikus / poetry produced by this blog on a regular basis.
- Lost in Thot, a blog of wonderful photography that inspires me to attempt great photographs.
- Running for Haiti, someone like me who is running for a cause!
- Jump for Joy Photo Project, inspiring and fun blog from a creative photo artist.
- Leanne Cole Photography, an inspiring and dynamic photo artist that everyone should check out.
I was nominated for this award a couple weeks ago. Again, thank you to Chronicles of a Public Transit User (Sweetness6645). I apologize in the delay for responding to it, but as you know the last couple weeks have been quite busy and amazing for me as I became a foster dad for the first time!
For a foster update, this happened yesterday. I do not have a pseudonym for the foster kid yet:
Kid was hungry, so I made a bottle of milk and formula. The kid started clapping and laughing in anticipation. I turned, dropped the bottle… and it was like a milk volcano erupted in the kitchen. Kid’s laughter turned into crying, literally, over spilled milk. Even though the kid was freaking out, I faked being calm, and in supersonic speed I had a new bottle of milk/formula ready. The kid laughed and guzzled the bottle of formula. While the kid guzzled the bottle of formula, the cats and I cleaned up the spilled milk in the kitchen.
That’s all for now! Thanks for reading, and have a safe and wonderful 4th of July!!
I was wondering why my views surged this morning when I had not posted since Monday morning. As it turns out I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Diary of a Recovering Fiend. Thank you very much for the nomination!
The Liebster Award is a great way to promote up and coming blogs of a good standard with less than 200 followers. Check out Sopphey Says for more info.
Nominees are asked to:
- Post eleven facts about themselves
- Answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked
- Nominate eleven other websketches and ask them eleven questions of their own.
- Display the Liebster award.
*There are no actual prizes awarded just recognition by fellow bloggers
So, there you have it. Following are 11 facts about me, and then the 11 questions I had to answer… and all of that is followed by MY nominees for the Liebster. Enjoy and have fun! Continue reading Liebster Award